Japanese wedding officiated by a robot “I-Fairy”


Whenever you get married, you have to plan a lot of things. One of them is who is going to officiate at the wedding.

This one couple in Tokyo decided to opt for a robot to officiate, and there is a video of “I-Fairy” in action after the jump.

The I-Fairy is made by a Japanese company Kokoro. The bride, Satoko Inoue, works for Kokoro, and groom Tomoshiro Shibato is a professor of robotics at the Nara Institute of Science and Technology.

The I-Fairy is remote controlled by one of the attendants at the 50-guest wedding. It does talk, and has 18 joints in its arms.

Some of you might find this a little creepy. I would have to say: “just wait”. I believe that once robots start doing other sacraments of the church, such as confessionals, last rites, and baptisms, then we can say whether or not we’ve gone too far.

So, is this the beginning of some new era of robot-officiated weddings? I suppose that they really need to have these in Vegas. Maybe they could be coin-operated.

Well, if you want to see this officiate at your wedding or someone that you know, just pay about $68,000 to the Kokoro company.

Source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change your bike’s gears, with your mind

Wi-Fi Connected Power Strip

iMM514 ArtStation Pro