Teddy Bear Robot from Fujitsu


Fujitsu is very proud of their newest Teddy Bears, and these are certainly not like any Teddy Bears I know. Man, even Teddy Ruxpin would kill himself if he were still alive today.

Teddy Ruxpin was this bear that was able to talk when you put cassette tapes in his back, for those who don’t remember the eighties. The Fujitsu Teddy Bear Robot has much more than that, as it has 13 sensors all over its body.

I have heard that it can do about 300 behaviors. For example, if you smile at it, the nose-mounted camera will detect it, and the bear will smile back. That’s right, it has a camera mounted in its nose. Makes your nanny-cam look like child’s play, doesn’t it?

My Source barely had any information on this, and it looks more like experimental tech rather than something with a projected release date or price.

I can tell you what it reminds me of: A.I.. Yes, I realize that some of you have almost forgotten about this Spielberg flick with all the robots, but the kid robot main character had a teddy bear toy that could walk and talk. Perhaps that film portrays the model of the Fujitsu Teddy Bear of the future.

Source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change your bike’s gears, with your mind

Wi-Fi Connected Power Strip

iMM514 ArtStation Pro