Samsung Portable X-ray Machine


I remember seeing that Will Smith movie The Pursuit of Happyness where he is trying to sell a bone density scanner.

Clearly, he was in the wrong business, because I can’t remember the last time I had my bones checked out by a bone density scanner. I believe that the main character is quoted as saying that it gave a readout twice as blurry as an X-ray. However, Samsung is planning to get in the mobile X-ray business with this portable X-ray detector.

This detector is apparently attached to some monitor that converts the captured X-ray image right onto the screen. This certainly would make it a lot easier for doctors that have to leave the office. Aren’t most X-rays these big old machines that take up a whole lot of space?

Of course, I have heard that X-rays have this whole radiation thing about them. Samsung says that their portable X-ray solution is less harmful than conventional X-ray machines and can even bring a more accurate diagnosis.

They also say that “the benefits of using such a device include less trouble for patients who suffer from severe musculoskeletal pain”.

I suppose this is just precursor to days when we can do a harmless X-ray in realtime. We’re pretty close to that now, aren’t we?

Source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change your bike’s gears, with your mind

Wi-Fi Connected Power Strip

iMM514 ArtStation Pro