iPod gadgets Hands on with the DEXIM AV Dock Station with Remote Control


Some of us want to watch videos from our iPod/iPhone on our regular television, and the DEXIM AV Dock Station with Remote Control is one way of going about it.

I got a chance to try it out for myself, and I found it pretty easy to set up. Not being too technically-minded, I am assuming that if I can set it up, so can everyone else.

I connected it to my flatscreen TV, and then to the dock. The dock had to be plugged into the wall, and then it was time for putting in an iDevice with one of the nine inserts. In my case, it was my 2nd Generation iPod Touch. I managed to get some YouTube videos on my television with some clear resolution.

At first it didn’t work, and so I checked the instructions, and it required setting up my iPod as well as using the iDevice itself to access the videos. It eventually worked out really well, but I will have to say that the remote control only worked on adjusting the volume for the video. Perhaps later versions of iPods and iPhones can be more easily controlled with the remote. Otherwise, I don’t see a reason to include the remote.

If you are the type who is looking for some A/V connection with your iDevice, then this is an option. You can get it on the DEXIM website for $79.90.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change your bike’s gears, with your mind

Wi-Fi Connected Power Strip

iMM514 ArtStation Pro