Jetman Yves Rossy does a loop

This man is Yves Rossy, otherwise known as JetMan or RocketMan, like the Elton John song.

A few years ago, Rossy created a personal flyer that enabled him to fly around, and he even did a flight across the English Channel.

His most recent stunt was a definite stunt, all right. In fact, it was something that aerial planes have been doing for years: a loop. He is the first to do a loop while wearing a jetpack, and there is a video of his feat after the jump.

Rossy, who is 51-years-old, performed this stunt by jumping off a hot-air balloon over Lake Geneva with his flyer, with two wings and four jet engines. He managed to perform the stunt by spreading his arms and flexing his legs, and got his speed up to 200 miles an hour. As planned, he used his parachute at the end.

This is one of those times where I am going to eat my words on former report. A while ago, I said that Yves Rossy’s motives “are nothing but pure publicity”. I take back what I said about that, because I really appreciate what Rossy is doing for jetpack technology. I see now that what he is doing is to improve the science of human flight, and if he gets fame, then he deserves it. After all, it is he that is undertaking most of the risk.

Rossy’s next planned flight is to do go into the Grand Canyon. I can’t wait to see the video footage of that.

Source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wi-Fi Connected Power Strip

Change your bike’s gears, with your mind

iMM514 ArtStation Pro