NASA Gadgets and other artifacts go up for auction

A piece of NASA's historic technology goes up for sale ...

If you’re like me, growing up, you never got the space program out of your blood. I remember watching Neil Armstrong take that one small step on a grainy black and white TV and thinking I’d graduate college on Mars. Alas, my martian education wasn’t meant to be, but if I could afford it, I’d definitely be springing for some of the coolest NASA gadgets that are currently up for auction …

Included in the auction, certified and run by RR Auctions, is the headset that astronaut and capcom Charlie Duke used to communicate with Apollo 11 when Neil and Buzz set foot on the moon. You may recall his infamous retort upon landing – “Tranquility, we copy you on the ground. You got a bunch of guys about to turn blue. We’re breathing again. Thanks a lot!”. And with a few adapters, I know I could do a skypecast with it on my laptop!

Also up for grabs is an official, pre flown, Apollo command module control panel, a page torn from the original Apollo 11 flight plan and signed by Neil and Buzz, maps used by the astronauts on the lunar surface during Apollo 17, and a curiously entertaining photo of Playboy’s Playmate of the Month which was hidden inside the cockpit of the Apollo 12 command module for astronaut Richard Gordon to find.

There are also a host of autographed photographs and other artifacts which are up for bids as well. The auction begins January 13th.

Hat Tip – D’Vice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change your bike’s gears, with your mind

Wi-Fi Connected Power Strip

iMM514 ArtStation Pro