PowerSlice is one terrific charging pizza with the works


The first time that I saw the PowerSlice from Fuse at CES last January, I was more than impressed. Sure, I have seen charging stations for multiple devices before, but the PowerSlice got my attention with its unique pizza construction.

Allow me to explain what I mean. The user purchases a base unit that is like a pizza pan, and it is good enough for four “slices”. The interchangeable slices slide in for the proper connectors of micro USB, mini USB, Samsung 20 pin, LG, and Apple (all of them sold separately).

The base unit even has a USB port so you can plug in your USB compatible gadgets. Actually, that isn’t quite accurate. The USB port is labeled “not for smartphones”, and this is accurate. It failed to charge my Droid X, but it does my Bluetooth headset just fine. Not sure why that is, but I would have used the Micro USB to charge my smartphone anyway.

Fuse’s PowerSlice is probably the most original thing for charging stations, until completely wireless chargers are a reality. I’m talking about just a plate where you put your mobile devices, and you don’t have to buy a separate connector. I don’t know how far away we are from that.

The PowerSlice Base Unit is available for about $39.99. The separate slices of connectors are about $9.99. If you have a lot of Apple gadgets, then I recommend the iPhone/iPod Bundle, which includes the base unit as well as two iPhone/iPod slices for $49.99. All of these are available for purchase here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wi-Fi Connected Power Strip

Change your bike’s gears, with your mind

iMM514 ArtStation Pro